A Learning Community for the First Two Years of College With programs at SF State & City College of San Francisco
Metro Academy of Health was developed to support the next generation of leaders in health education in urban communities. Each Metro Academy is a 'school within a school' to give you an educational home in your first two years of college. Metro gives you personalized support for college success through in-class academic support and tutoring. At the core of Metro is a learning community made up of two linked courses each semester, pairing a general education course and a Metro Health course. In Metro Academy, you will build a solid foundation for college success and meaningful work in urban health and human services.
Benefits of Metro Academy
- A learning community of students with similar interests work together during the first two years of college, getting the classes you need to progress quickly
- A clear, fast track to graduation—all Metro classes satisfy graduation requirements in general education for all 241 majors in the Cal State University system
- Instructors who are passionate about community health teach interesting classes that are relevant to real life
- One on one support from a dedicated academic advisor
- Strong academic preparation using proven learning strategies –learn to write and speak with confidence and power, and to think critically about the big questions
- Learn about ways to give back to your community & make a difference in the world.
At a Glance
We are currently accepting applications. See How to Apply for more information.
Please Note: To attend Metro Academy of Health, you must also be admitted to SF State or CCSF through a separate application. For more information on how to apply to SF State, go to the Future Students page. To apply to CCSF, go to www.ccsf.edu